Terms and Conditions
WIRL Project Terms and Conditions of Use
Permission is granted to access WIRL Project’s website for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title. Under this license, the term “Users” refers to non-registered visitors of WIRL Project’s website, and the term “Members” refers to individuals who have received a unique “invite code” to join as a “Member,” creating a unique profile for the website. Neither Members nor Users may:
- Modify or copy the materials or content of the website;
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on WIRL Project’s website;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license automatically terminates if you violate any of these restrictions. Additionally, WIRL Project may terminate this license for any reason at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
When you create your WIRL Project Member profile, you must provide WIRL Project with accurate, honest, and complete information. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited. If you open an account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then (i) the term “you” in these Terms and Conditions includes you personally and the entity for which you created the profile, and (ii) you represent and warrant that you are authorized to grant all permissions and licenses provided in these Terms and Conditions and bind the entity to these Terms and Conditions, and that you agree to these Terms and Conditions on the entity’s behalf.
The materials on WIRL Project’s website are provided “as is.” WIRL Project makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, WIRL Project does not make any warrants or representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any websites linked to or from this website. As a User or Member of WIRL Project, you understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose.
We care about the security of WIRL Project Members and Users. While we work to protect the security of your content and account, WIRL Project cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify WIRL Project immediately of any suspicious activity or unauthorized use of your account.
In no event shall WIRL Project or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on WIRL Project’s website, even if WIRL Project or a WIRL Project authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
WIRL Project allows registered Members to post WIRLs, which include content, photos, videos, links, comments, and other materials. Anything that you post or otherwise contribute on our website is referred to as “User Content.” You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post to WIRL Project.
Once contributed, you grant WIRL Project and its Users or Members rights to use your content at WIRL Project. This means that you will grant WIRL Project Users and Members a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, edit, reproduce, favorite, discuss, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your User Content on WIRL Project solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, and using the WIRL Project website. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms and Conditions or our policies.
In no event shall WIRL Project be liable in any way for any content or its effects under any circumstances, including, but not limited to, errors or omissions in content or any loss or damages incurred due to any content made available by WIRL Project or its Members on the WIRL Project website.
Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if you remove any User Content from WIRL Project, we may retain your User Content for a commercially reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, WIRL Project and its Users may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, favorite, discuss, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your User Content that other Users have stored or shared through WIRL Project.
We value hearing from our Users and Members and are always interested in learning about ways we can make WIRL Project better. If you choose to submit comments, ideas, or other feedback, you agree that we are free to use those comments, ideas, or other feedback without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your submission, WIRL Project does not waive any rights to use similar or related feedback provided by Users, Members, or third parties.
- Acceptable Use
WIRL Code is the “Code of Ethics” at WIRL Project which clearly defines expected and acceptable behaviors to establish a framework of our website and to promote high standards of practice. WIRL Project wants its valued Members to post as often as they would like about any topic they chose to create an incredible database of honest, genuine content for all to read. In order to maintain a respectful environment, there must be accountability for contributions and actions. WIRL Code is taken very seriously, and WIRL Project urges Members to ask questions if they are unsure about contribution types or content.
Violations of this WIRL Code will be taken very seriously and may result in removal from our website with or without notice.
- Contributions to WIRL Project can only come from genuine registered Members of the website.
- Members must share a common goal to share, enlighten, empower, educate, and inspire themselves or others.
- Users and Members value genuine, true stories and agree that Honesty ≠ Weakness.
- Language must be appropriate for public viewing and relevant to the subject matter.
– Medical stories, terminology, and images must coincide with post content, category, or keyword
– Medical, Health, Fitness, or any other type of advice found on WIRL Project has not been reviewed by physicians or any other heath care professionals; use this information at your own risk
- Be nice, respectful, and open-minded; many of our Members are pouring their heart and soul into their contributions. We seek real stories and real people at our website, not real jerks.
- Comment with kind, supportive, educational, informative, and helpful words; inappropriate or hateful language will not be tolerated.
- When contributing WIRLs, give credit to any original source that inspired or enlightened you; plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- We understand that not all WIRLs will be positive, but all rants and complaints should be free of bullying, personal attacks, and foul or inappropriate language. WIRL Project administration has the right to remove any posts, comments, and/or Members at their discretion.
- Product reviews, tutorials, and testimonials are welcomed, but pushy sales pitches and advertisements are not! Feel free to share before and after stories, images, and videos, but do so in a way that fits the rest of the WIRL Code. WIRL Project is not the place to for sales, marketing, advertisements, false claims, etc. Members who spam, consistently push, solicit, or advertise are subject to removal with or without notice.
- Do not access another Member’s account without the express consent of that Member.
If you see inappropriate content, report it immediately to ReportInappropriate@WIRL.com including a direct link to that specific post.
You cannot WIRL about:
- Pornographic or non-medically related sexual information that promotes adult sexual acts or services
- Anything that exploits or presents minors in a sexual or inappropriate way
- Anything that may cause or have already caused risk or harm to physical property, individuals, public figures, organizations, etc. on a public or private level, including depictions of graphic violence
- Promotes or approves of abuse, bullying, harm, mental or physical disorders, or drug abuse to oneself or others
- Attacks, bullies, or harasses specific individuals
- Hate comments or language that is aimed towards specific groups or individual(s)
- Personal and confidential information, including credit card numbers, social security numbers, and passwords, that may expose you to identity theft or other similar liability
- Fraudulent/deceptive information or experiences or using another person’s identity for any reason
- Any information or content that is illegal
- Content containing advertisements, spam, images, text, or videos to solely promote a brand or product. Product and promotional types of contributions should be entirely based on a Member’s personal experience and/or thoughts, not a sales pitch.
- Anything that transmits malicious products, such as malware, viruses, or other destructive code that may harm or interfere with WIRL Project and/or its Users and Members.
At WIRL Project, if we all keep each other accountable and respect each other, the possibilities are endless.
7. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on WIRL Project’s website could include technical, typographical, photographic, or videographic errors. WIRL Project does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. WIRL Project may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. WIRL Project does not, however, make any commitment to update or edit the materials for contributing Members.
WIRL Project has not reviewed all of the third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities linked to its website and are not responsible for the contents of any such linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by WIRL Project of the website information, materials, products, or services. Use of any such linked website is at the User’s own risk, and WIRL Project will assume no liability arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
9. Website Terms and Conditions of Use Modifications
WIRL Project may revise these Terms and Conditions of Use for its website at any time without notice. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless WIRL Project and its employees, directors, and agents from and against any damages, losses, or expenses arising from: (i) your use and/or access of WIRL Project services, (ii) your violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use, (iii) your violation of any third party right, or (iv) any third party’s claim contending that your content caused the third party damages. This indemnity clause will remain valid beyond the life of the Terms and Conditions of Use and your use of any WIRL Project service.
11. Governing Law
Any claim relating to WIRL Project’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Hampshire without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
When Members sign up to become a Member of WIRL Project, they voluntarily give us information including their name, photo, interest, email address, and/or other additional information. Before or at the time of collecting any additional personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. We collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. We will continue to collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned. Email addresses collected during member registration will be added to our email distribution list. Members may update their preferences or unsubscribe from our distribution at any time.
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date. We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
WIRL Project automatically collects and analyzes data from our website with the ultimate goal of making our User/Member experience the best it can possibly be. User’s and Member’s internet browsers will send this information to us when they visit WIRL Project, providing us with data including Internet Protocol addresses; the addresses of the web pages visited before, during, and after a visit to WIRL Project; browser type, settings, and preferences; the date and time of visit; how long a Member or User stayed on our website; which features were used while visiting; and other types of data. All of this information is collected for analysis reasons and is not sold to any third parties. At WIRL Project, we want to provide the best possible user experience, and acquiring and studying this collected data and information can help us learn more about our Users/Members in order to better serve them.
At WIRL Project we are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
LAST UPDATED: February 13, 2015