This is so much gooey awesomeness that combines peanut butter, oatmeal, caramel and chocolate that I think you should make today!
- 11 oz bag vanilla caramels
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbls butter
- 12 Tbl unsalted butter
- 2 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbl vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 1 cup Heath toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper for easy removal of the bars.
- Unwrap all the caramels and place in a small saucepan with butter and sweetened condensed milk.
- Cook over medium-low heat until caramels have fully melted and the mixture is nice and smooth. Set aside caramel to cool while you make the cookie batter.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add peanut butter and continue mixing.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder and salt slowly mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and toffee bits.
- Evenly spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly pour caramel mixture evenly over the dough.
- Drop the remaining dough on top by the teaspoon. Try to flatten evenly over caramel layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool completely and then cut into bars.
Serve warm topped with ice cream or at room temperature.
Recipe appeared on BabyGizmo.com.Add to favorites